Aalayam Kanden has been supporting repairs, maintenance and creating access to heritage sites in a modest way. So far the following projects have been supported:
• Partial support to repair of front mandapam of Dhatriswara Temple, Sithukadu
• Complete renovation of Kari Varadaraja Perumal Temple, Nerkundram (see video here.
• Partial support for preservation of the birth place of Sundaramurthy Nayanar, one of the reputed Saivaite saints of Tamil Nadu.
• Creation of permanent fund of electricity charges at Nellikuppam Kailasanatha Temple
• Creation of road to the completely encroached Kailasa Eswaramudaiya Mahadevar Temple at Kesavaram.
• Writing, printing and distributing brochures about the history of the temple free of cost. This is then sold by the temples to take care of minor maintenance expenses.
• Provision of invertors, amplifiers, digital cameras, ghee and oil as required by the temples in make visitor experience better.